Terms of Repair (& Factory Service)
1) All RMA's are obtained online directly by the customer
2) Instruments must be sufficiently packed to prevent damage, customer is responsible for any shipping damage during transit to Techne
3) Techne will provide a price quote before repairs are completed.
4) A $140 minimum evaluation fee applies to all chargeable repairs.
If customer declines full repair charges the evaluation fee is not refundable.
The evaluation fee will be absorbed in the total repair costs.
5) The parts and labor warranty for chargeable repairs is 90 days.
6) Techne will verify all customer requests for warranty repair coverage based on the instrument serial number and corresponding ship date
7) It is the customer's responsibility to inspect and test all repaired instruments within 3 days of receipt from Techne.
8) In the event that a brand new instrument fails within the first 15 days of receipt (from Techne) a new replacement will be sent if stock levels allow. The defective unit must be received by Techne before the replacement unit is shipped. Outside of 15 days, the instrument will be repaired under warranty or replaced* (at the Company's discretion) and shipped to customer as normal.
*provided the defect is not the result of misuse, accident or negligence.
9) Warranties for all new and replacement units will be from the original ship date.
10) Service loaners are available on a limited basis for warranty repairs that will take longer than 3 weeks. The customer is responsible for shipping charges back and forth for service loaners.
11) All repairs are processed on a first come first serve basis. Rush service is not available.
12) Repairs that have not received customer acceptance of charges within 15 business days will be returned unrepaired. The customer will still be responsible for the $140 evaluation and return shipping charges.